All documents of Canadian origin that will be used in the Dominican Republic must first be passed through Global Affairs Canada, https://www.international.gc.ca /global-affairs-affaires-mondiales/home-accueil.aspx?lang=eng o to the offices of Official Document Services (Only for the Province of Ontario), at 222 Jarvis Street West, downtown Toronto, and then to our offices to be legalized and translated.
Residence Visa For Family Reunification
Visa form filled out and duly completed in type or legibly. Available at the headquarters of the consular offices or in the services portal
Visa application letter to the beneficiary's signature addressed to the corresponding consular office, containing name, nationality, place of residence and productive activity to which it is dedicated, as well as information on how it plans to establish itself in the country as a spouse or child (a) as a legal resident foreigner in the Dominican Republic, this letter is not legalized, nor is it apostilled.
One (1) photograph size 4 x 5 centimeters, front and with white background.
Original passport with a minimum validity of six (06) months.
Legible photocopy of the Residence Card. (If applicable)
Birth certificate. Must be submitted in original duly legalized or apostilled, as appropriate. If it is written in a language other than Spanish, it must be translated by a judicial interpreter, legalized by the Consulate of the Dominican Republic or apostilled, as appropriate. The original and the translation must be deposited both legalized or apostilled.
Certificate of No Criminal Record (Not required for minors) issued (in less than 12 months of the application) by the competent authority (federal authority in the case of Länder) of the countries in which it has resided in the last 5 years, duly legalized or apostilled, as appropriate.
Marriage Certificate and Birth Certificate of the children, according to the quality of the person requesting the dependency visa, duly legalized or apostilled, as applicable.
Notarized Declaration certifying the Free Union for a period of not less than two years, in the cases in which it corresponds.
Medical Certification that the petitioner does not have infectious contagious diseases.
Dominican and other countries visa valid or expired
For the guarantor in RD:
1. Letter of Guarantee duly notarized and legalized in the Attorney General's Office, in which it indicates that it is morally and economically responsible in the territory of the spouse or partner / children / as. This document must be presented by the applicant along with the other documents on the day of his interview at the Dominican Consulate.
"I guarantee that (name, nationality and passport) will not stay in the Dominican Republic longer than the one granted by the General Directorate of Migration, nor will it request residency or change of migratory status from the Dominican territory, exclusively dedicated to the activity for which He was granted the visa. "I am morally and economically responsible for the return of my country of origin, assuming to pay in favor of the Dominican State any expenses incurred by that person during his stay in the country, or that originates as a result of his repatriation or deportation of the same. "
• Documents that demonstrate economic solvency: 1) bank letter (s) of your savings account, checking account or bank certificates, 2) Labor Certification (indicating your date of entry to the company, position that you occupy in the company, salary) , 3) Titles of ownership of your residence, business, farm or land, or vehicle registration if you own them.
• The Ministry of Foreign Affairs reserves the right to summon the guarantor to exhaust an interview with an official of the consular address.
OBSERVATION OF INTEREST:
1. Having completed all the requirements above, DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN APPROVAL OF THE VISA, but indicates that the consulate can accept your request, evaluate it and send it to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, who will issue a final decision.
2. The consular officer can not decide whether or not to grant you the Residence Visa (RS) until you formally request and your application is evaluated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Therefore, we strongly advise you NOT to buy non-refundable air tickets or make other travel plans until you receive your visa.
3. The beneficiaries of Residence Visas (RS) once in Dominican territory, have a period of 30 days to appear before the General Directorate of Migration (DGM) to formalize the procedures of their residence or temporary permit, having to complete the additional requirements that this requires according to the Regulation of application of the General Migration Law No. 285-04.
NOTE: WHEN MAILING YOUR DOCUMENTS PLEASE INCLUDE A SELF-ADDRESSED PREPAID EXPRESS ENVELOPE.
IMPORTANT: Processing time is 15-20 business days. Within the first 30 days of the visas’ validity you must enter Dominican Republic and submit your Provisional Residency Application at the General Directorate of Migration in Santo Domingo.
Application Fee USD$150.00
legalization USD$100.00 (by document)
Translate USD$40.00 (by document)
Our hours of operation are:
Monday to Friday from 9:00A.M. – 3:00P.M.
– Except statutory holidays
Our mailing address is:
Consulate General of the Dominican Republic
121 Richmond Street West, Suite 301
Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5H 2K1
Click on the file to download the Visa application form: